Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tweet O' The Day: What the Coaches Do During the DEAD Period

If I were a football coach, I'd certainly like getting away from the meeting rooms during a time like this. If you're not privy to the "Dead" period, it means the time right before signing day that coaches cannot talk to recruits. More specifically, per NCAA regulations, it means:

Dead period (n) [ded peer-ee-uhd]: a time when cheaters cheat (see Bruce Pearl), wait sorry... the time when a college coach may not have any in-person contact with the prospective student-athlete or the prospect’s parents at any time. The coach may write and telephone during this time.

It's a time that you can't travel, so there's a few moments to catch up on a friendly game of H-O-R-S-E or if you've really got your danger pants on, P-I-G. It looks like Coach Bobo has his on.

CMB far left, dark gray shirt.

I don't blame them. I just hope they're wearing proper shoes for ankle protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment