Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday Thrash: Could Richt Be in "Dire Straits"?

I hate to put forth such a negative query just two days before the big game, but here is my logic: I have attended ten Florida games in my lifetime. Now, of those ten, guess how many we have won? Answer: ONE (2007). So you see, can our luck get any worse? Here are the years and results of the games I have attended:

1995: Lost 52-17 (in Athens)
1998: Lost 38-7
1999: Lost 30-14
2001: Lost 24-10
2005: Lost 14-10
2006: Lost 21-14
2007: WON 42-30
2008: Lost 49-10
2009: Lost 41-17
2010: Lost 34-31

A 1-9 record. That's a lot of losing folks. The good news? I have become numb to it. Well, not numb, but I have learned to tolerate it and block out all smack talk from Gator fans after the game. As a matter of fact, I issue a challenge to Gator fans: If/when Florida wins Saturday, just try to hurt my feelings. I bet you can't do it.

Anyway, in addition to my own poor performance in Jax, Richt has not fared much better (2-8). And if you believe what you hear, this could be a must-win for the head man. A loss would not eliminate us from SEC East contention, but it would leave me in a half-comatose walk back from the stadium (where I will NOT be bothered by Gator fans), and a head coach who will NOT sleep very well...

Oh, and two more things:
  1. The video below is one of Van Dawgin's FAVORITE songs (sarcasm), so enjoy.
  2. This entire post is a huge attempt at a reverse jinx. I don't think it will work but we shall see.

3 comments:

  1. So all this is probably your fault. Stay your ass home and we might win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, this guy didn't read the part about the reverse-jinx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captain Obv,

    Yep, he only read the first paragraph...but that's okay.

    ReplyDelete