Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Look, Even Vandy Cheats Off the Field

For those of you who follow the "hardwood" portion of our blog's namesake, you should be somewhat familiar with the following Vanderbilt player: Festus Ezeli. Apparently, being labeled the "clean-cut" academic institution of the SEC isn't enough to keep Vandy from pushing some perks Ezili's way. According to this AP article,  Ezeli was on vacation when he "ran into" a Vanderbilt alumnus, and subsequently had a meal and hotel paid for by the unidentified man.

Here is a quote from Ezeli about he incident (from the above linked article):

"I am very sorry and would never want to jeopardize my college career over such a petty thing as a meal or a hotel room," Ezeli said in a statement posted on the school's website. "I would have been able to afford those things myself. I have always tried to do the right thing. I should have known better and am embarrassed that my mistake could affect my team."


Ezeli will miss Vanderbilt's first six games of the season, as determined by the NCAA, so he won't miss any action once conference play starts. Too bad, because the dude is a beast...but I'm calling Vandy a bunch of cheaters anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment