Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gators LB Finley Arrested on Felony Charges

It looks as though the Muschamp house cleaning party will continue as another one of his prized linebackers has been rolled into the hoosegow for a litany of charges. Check the list of charges racked up by former 4-star safety turned LB out of Auburn (what a great town), AL. (Rachel George of The Orlando Sentinel)

He is charged with resisting an officer with violence, a third-degree felony, and a second offense of driving with a suspended license.

Finley was pulled over at 1:50 p.m. by Officer William Sasser after driving around a barricade at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. According to the arrest report, Finley initially refused to give his license and registration and told Sasser he was late.

As Finley tried to leave, Sasser told him he was under arrest and grabbed Finley's wrist. Finley pulled his wrist away and "stood up and squared to me while
(TAKE NOTE OF THIS PART) straddling the scooter," Sasser wrote in the report.

After Sasser removed his Taser, Finley complied.

A couple of points here:
  • Yeah, so I always feel like a badass cop fighter when I'm on my Vespa. First I take off my driving gloves and scarf, so as not to get them bloody, then I commence with the 5-0 throttling.
  • I don't know this kid, but why should he think that the "I'm late" excuse would ever work?
  • His license has already been suspended twice in Alachua County and is currently suspended in Alabama. I'm not a rocket scientist, but there has to be a not-so-rosy explanation here that has to do with his character.
  • Huntley "I'm The Guy Who Gets All The UF Players' Charges Dropped" Johnson is his lawyer. Get ready for the felony to be lowered to a misdemeanor, some fines, and 20 hours of community service.

No comments:

Post a Comment