Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tweet O' The Day: Aron White Answers Your Burning ?'s

Just in case you haven't seen the Q&A tweets from Aron over the past few weeks, he's used twitter to effectively drop some knowledge on the following Dawg Nation through the power of twitter. Here's the kind of stuff Aron gives his tweeps some insight on on a day-to-day basis...


I guess that @ladydawginfl may have noticed our little mention of Aron's tweets about being a bit under the weather earlier this week and thought she'd ask. I guess she could've, and probably did, notice that on her own, but maybe she's one of folks who enjoy this little post every day.

From best I can tell, there's always a lot of hubbub about twitter and the players who participate in social media in general. I used to think it's a big problem, but unless you're Will Hill, or a complete moron, you aren't going to put sensitive stuff out there for no good reason. Those last qualifications may be related, by the way.

From some first-hand knowledge of the situation, the athletic department at Alabama has put EVERYONE on notice about their social media activites. It's been circulated to me that they felt too many people were giving stuff away to the media, so they've basically tried to shut everyone up with meetings and signatures and the like.

I don't know all the details, but I wouldn't like being told what to do if I'm responsible. And, yeah, I know some of you folks think all this is silly anyway, but society and communication isn't quite the same as it was 10, 20, 30 years ago. I'm not a Facebook advocate, but I understand it's purpose and recognize that it serves a multitude of needs.

Anyway, sorry to get off on a tangent, but I really like hearing some of these type tweets from Aron, or for that matter, any of the guys on the team. Gives you some "inside info" without giving you any "inside info" and that's good for the fanfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment