Monday, August 29, 2011

Cocktails and Teams: Boise State Edition

One of the very first posts we ever did on H2H was a little segment I called "Cocktails and Teams" (HERE  is the original SEC Version). Since we have a new team on our schedule this season -- Boise State -- I thought I would try and nail down what cocktail best describes the Broncos. I am taking all things into consideration here folks: the ingredients, the color,  how it is perceived by the masses, etc.

Anyway, I came up with a short-list of possible cocktail candidates for Boise (I am up for any suggestions from readers too btw):

  • Blue Russian -- I am not a big vodka drinker so someone will have to help me on this one. I also never liked the idea of a white russian because combining milk with alcohol just spells disaster in my book. Here are the ingredients:
    • 2 oz Vodka
    • 2 oz blue Curacao
    • 1 oz light cream
Anyway, here are the reasons I chose this drink: It's blue like Boise (duh) and it has vodka in it, which are made from potatoes...which come from Idaho. Pretty good reasons right?

  • Idaho Dimetap -- I am not even making this up. Here is proof. This one is going to be tough to beat. Look at the ingredients:
    • 2 oz Absolut Vodka
    • 2 oz coconut rum
    • 6 oz chilled NuGrape soda
I mean...in addition to a very bizarre ingredient combo, this drink is made for Boise; it's got the Vodka, it's got a blue tint (the grape soda), and it has Idaho in the name. What else do you need?

  • A.M.F. (aka, "Adios Mother F#####") -- Basically, this is what Boise says to their opponents about mid-way through the first quarter. Hopefully that trend ends this Saturday. Anyway, just look at what's in this beast:
    • 1/2 oz Vodka 
      1/2 oz Rum 
      1/2 oz Tequila 
      1/2 oz Gin 
      1/2 oz Blue Curacao 
      2 oz Sour mix 
      2 oz 7-Up





Now I see where it gets its name. Hopefully all of our early morning readers can withstand the urge to vomit profusely into the nearest trash receptacle.

As I said above, any suggestions are welcome, and there are plenty of sexually-laced Smurf drinks that I omitted, so feel free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment