Sunday, August 21, 2011

13 Days: Drew Butler


We finally get to one player on our countdown who I'm pretty confident will meet his high expectations this season. Two years ago, Butler led the nation in punting average with 48.05 yards per punt. Last season, he fell a little to 44.5, which was still good enough for 17th in the nation. This season, the senior will lead the nation's best special teams duo, as he and Blair Walsh will leave few questions marks in the kicking game.

I must admit, when we first offered Butler a scholarship, I rolled my eyes and wrote it off to "well...I guess we had to give Kevin Butler's son a scholly" (this is also when we had multiple kickers/punters on scholarship, which bothered me). Anyway, Drew has been one of the most pleasant surprises of the Richt era, and I would expect his greatness to continue this season.

Next up: #12 Tavarres King

1 comment:

  1. I thought when we offered, well yeah "we had to".. but he has shown to be a DGD and I am glad we have him. I think Duke was his choice other than dawgs, and that would have been a shame.

    Go Drew, and Go dawgs!!

    ReplyDelete