Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday Thrash Volume VI: Coach T Playing "Mr. Torture"

Thursday Thrash is a weekly segment in which we incorporate some of the greatest songs of all time (mostly metal, but not always) into a topically relevant post revolving around current issues at the University of Georgia. As a note, artistic liberties will be frequently used in this relation. Basically, the only premise/rule is that I can't put on some crappy Shania Twain song or some no-talent lightning catcher with autotune (see KESHA).

Well, Joe T. is really getting after it according to several of the guys on the team's twitter accounts. For evidence, check below. By the way, if you haven't noticed the twitter postings lately, I've become quite the twitter stalker. I hate to admit that, but you can find a few nuggets every now and again.




Just for the record, this really isn't tremendously different from the past. We always hear that "the team is working harder than ever" and "Oh, so and so is working them so hard they can't even run they're so sore." This is college football in the SEC folks, it's not day camp.

Do you really think it's good that we're seemingly at this same point every year since 2008? At what point can we stop using the "we just didn't work hard enough last year and we weren't in the condition that we needed to be" excuse? I'm getting tired of it and frankly, I don't know why this didn't happen sooner if it has been such a problem. Heck, the guy has been on staff for 30 years.

Sorry for the rant, but jeebus, some people just won't give it up.

Anyway, despite my own personal take on the issue, the players seem to feel like CJT is doling out some punishment in the form of burning quadriceps and aching latissimus dorsi. It's fitting that today's selection for Thursday Thrash is none other than the aptly named Hellraisers from Hamburg -

HELLOWEEN!

Today's special weapon of choice, off of the band's 10th album, Dark Ride, it's Mr. Torture. ***This one's for you Coach T....***








***The really ironic part of this is that this song is actually about a guy who travels the countryside and gives women pleasure by doing the BDSM thing. Little tidbit I thought you'd like to know.***

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about you guys experience but I know if I ever pushed myself to the point of puking, then that meant I gave that moment everything I had. I hope thats true for these kids and its not because they weren't grinding it out all spring. Going from highschool workouts to major college workouts are always a shock that first day. I know my first week, I thought I was going to die and I worked harder that I ever did the spring before I reported for school. I think if they were puking thats a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feinted once working out...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only if you hit your head on the weight rack DT... SO... I guess you're good.

    Bonus points are assessed if you puked, feinted, hit your head on the weight rack, and then landed in your puke unconscious.

    ReplyDelete