Monday, June 20, 2011

Jordan Adams Announcement TONIGHT

Jordan Adams, the 6-5 four-star G/F from Lawrenceville (played high school ball at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia) is set to announce his college choice tonight at 6:15. The announcement will be covered by courtcred.com and we will -- at the very least -- provide a link for the live video whenever it becomes available. Hopefully, I can get my inner GA Tech on and figure out how to embed the live stream onto our website.

In all honesty though, we have about a 1.7% chance of landing Adams. I know, I know...it's amazing that we aren't getting an in-state player. All signs say that he is headed to Memphis, with UCLA being a possible dark-horse school. Adams has said he grew up a UGA fan, but it was never his "dream school". Hopefully, he will have a change of heart, as UGA is at least listed in his final four schools (per UGASports' Dan McDonald):








 I think it is safe to say -- especially if Adams does commit elsewhere -- that we have what I like to call a "basketball recruiting problem".  Sure, we will get one good player here and there, but I don't think we have put together a top-20 class in my lifetime (2005 was probably the best but even then, Mike Mercer ended up fizzling out and Louis Williams went straight to the NBA....and for that matter, Billy Humphrey got arrested too many times, Kendrick Johnson transferred, and Rashaad Singleton -- who also transferred -- made Albert Jackson look like James Worthy).

In the 2011 class, we got one big-timer (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope). If Fox can just get two top-50 players every year to supplement the "role" players, I think he can sustain success. My fear is that we will never get the players to help show off Fox's talents as a coach (I feel pretty confident that he is a "good coach" because of his past successes at Nevada AND making the NCAA Tourney this past season). Adams being big buds with Shaq Goodwin (a BIG 2012 recruit) and Damien Wilson (who has already committed to Memphis), coupled with Evan Nolte's commitment to UVA, just doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about our 2012 class thus far. It might even drive me to do like our "Bet the Farm Friday" pig and blow my brains out (metaphorically of course):

No comments:

Post a Comment