Friday, June 24, 2011

71 Days: Cordy Glenn

Get it big fella...

Good day dear Dawg fans, we're 71 days to kickoff with Boise and it couldn't get here soon enough. In fact, if I only had a time machine...

But since I neither have access to a flux capacitor nor do I have Libyan Nationalist friends, I don't think I'll be doing any space-time fabric ripping anytime soon. Actually the only fabric ripping that may happen is when the equipment manager tries to fit today's person of interest with a jersey this season. Seriously, I don't know if I've seen a wider o-lineman in person at Georgia other than Max Jean.

The kid is huge.

Needless to say, I think there are two things, which are food related, at which Cordy really excels - pancake blocks.... and... pancakes. With his affinity for flapjacks and his proclivity in blocking defensive ends, it looks like we got us a LT.

Forecast
Cordy isn't the top offensive linemen returning in the conference for naught. He's 330 pounds of lean, mean blocking machine and can run like a deer - well, a somewhat more filled out than normal deer. The Riverdale HS product looks to be a first or second round pick next year, so do I really have to keep lamenting over his exploits?

He should be a staple along the line and be 1/2 of the 2/5 of our line that should be lights out, no questions asked. Basically, this is a pretty short preview because this should be one of the positions that we don't worry about this season. I feel like I've said should alot in this paragraph. Is there some latent doubt in the back of my head that I can't acknowledge?

No way. We have a bevy of four offensive linemen that have ANY experience under their belt. No worries, mate!

GATA



Next Up: No. 70, AJ Har...dee Har Har Har... I found a pirate.

2 comments: