Monday, May 23, 2011

Ray Drew: Not So Fast Mr. Florida Coach

Thursday night meant the annual assemblage of Atlanta Alligator Affixieurs Anonymous, or as some would affectionately refer "Hair Gelling Jort Wearers at Mid-Town"- the annual Atlanta Gator Club meeting. Jeff Schultz has a run down of the Gator gathering, but the most important quote came early on in the get-together as the alpha Gator responded to a young lady in the crowd. I'd certainly take the time to read the article, if you have a chance.

“My wedding is on the same day as the Florida-Georgia game,” she continued. “I was wondering: Can you guarantee Florida will win?”
“I certainly can,” he said (and then he turned in my direction and alerted the crowd that this pronouncement almost certainly would be used in the local newspaper).

Suffice to say, that's probably good enough to be classified as bulletin board worthy. 

I'm not sure how, but a certain future Bulldog outside linebacker got word of Coach "Mus-chomps" (his words as you'll see below) comments at the meeting and took exception:


Attaboy Ray. That's what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment