Friday, April 1, 2011

Ware Watch 2011: 4/1 Update

Kevin Ware at the NBPA Top100 camp at the John Paul Jones Arena Charlottesville, VA. Visit www.nbpatop100.blogspot.com for more photos. (Photo © Andrew Shurtleff)

Well folks, much to my surprise, Mike Hamilton and crew relented yesterday and gave Ware his full release from his Tennessee scholarship. I wasn't really surprised that it happened, just a little flummoxed by how quickly it happened considering Hamilton's sketchy-ness lately.

Dan McDonald over at UGASports has a very good writeup on the recent developments. McDonald seems to think that the Dawgs chances at signing Ware are pretty good, while I'm pretty pessimistic. A decade of complete suckage can do that to you I guess. The story is pretty upbeat as well, so I'd highly recommend checking it out.

I reckon that the news out of Ware's camp may be a little harder to come by in the next few days, but I'll do my best to keep you posted. The next contact period starts at noon on April 8th, so things will probably really start rolling around that date. I would assume that he'll make a decision and sign sometime between April 13th and May 18th, which is the regular signing period for basketball.

That gives Fox ample time to put on the "woo". As I'm sure you already know, this could be a huge deal if he signs with the Dawgs. Fingers crossed...

1 comment:

  1. I hope he chooses UGA.Anyone that can come off the bench next season with the ability to score can only help UGA.Lack of bench production is obviously what held Georgia back this past season.GO DAWGS!

    ReplyDelete