Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Travis Leslie Nearing a Decision

Seth Emerson of the Macon Telegraph is saying that Leslie is "tentatively" making an announcement tomorrow regarding his decision to enter the NBA Draft.

Although it is still unknown what his decision will be, I can only think this points to him leaving. Otherwise, why doesn't he just release a statement saying he is coming back? I would also think this points to Trey leaving (because he's better) but that has been my suspicion all along regarding him.

But here is my guess regarding Leslie: I think he will declare himself eligible for the draft, BUT will not sign an agent, thus giving him the option of pulling his name out before the May 8 deadline. Honestly, that is exactly what I would do if I were in his shoes. You have to think GM's would take a closer look at him if he is serious about leaving, so he would probably get a more honest, scrutinized evaluation. And the same goes for Trey. This is a funky year for the draft because of the lockout potential, along with the perceived "weakness" of this particular draft class.

Regarding Leslie's tenure at UGA: he has responded very well to Mark Fox since he came to Georgia. Remember, we're not to far removed from Leslie missing the Spring semester of his freshman year for academics and nearly flunking out of school. Since Fox has been in Athens, Leslie has at least done all the right things off the court (I think), so I will give him a lot of credit for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment