Monday, April 4, 2011

Dawgs Spring Practice Stand-Outs

Future comment #1:
ESPN color analyst: "Kid really reminds me of
a young Brian Finneran..."

After about two weeks of spring practice, there have been a few guys that have garnered some outstanding chatter. As usual I'm not surprised by who is getting the spring kudos, because they were guys that I heard (and saw) were doing well in practice (games) last year.

The first is NG Kwame Geathers. For some odd reason, I thought the guy always made an impact when he was in the game last year, he just couldn't get any playing time from the staff. It was one of my biggest pet peeves last year- Kwame comes in, makes a tackle in the backfield, and isn't seen for the rest of the game. I almost pulled my hair out trying to understand this phenomenon, but after I came back to reality and realized that I was watching a UGA game I completely understood.

WR Michael "White Lightning" Bennett has been turning heads since last fall camp. We've been on Bennett for quite some time now, as Dawgola mentioned him prominently in a post from last August. Dawgola's mention of Bennett below (you can find the entire post HERE):

"One player that surprised me was freshman receiver Michael Bennett. He ran very crisp routes and already has a lot of size...appeared to have good hands as well."

I was pretty surprised that he didn't find his way on the field last year when the coaches were talking about his development in practice, so I think he'll be someone that hits the ground running this year. After seeing the pictures of him this spring, he certainly looks the part as well. Dawgs 24/7 has a great FREE article on the potential of Bennett- good read if you get the chance. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you get distracted while writing this paragraph? I can't even figure out what that first sentence is suppose to be. Is Michael King's WR or are you saying King named him White Lightning? You also used 'for quite some time now twice back to back. I generally love your stuff but this stuck out like a sore thumb.

    Tavarres King's aptly-named WR Michael "White Lightning" Bennett has been turning heads for quite some time now. We've been on Bennett for quite some time now, as Dawgola mentioned him prominently in a post from last fall camp. Dawgola's mention of Bennett below (you can find the entire post HERE):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon,

    Thanks for the kind words toward the end of the first paragraph and for your proofreading. I don't like to sound completely illiterate, so your suggestion was welcomed.

    Like drunkenness, posting when sleepy has it's consequences.

    MVD

    ReplyDelete

Loading...