Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tonight at 10: Auburn Real Sports Part One - A Little Preview


If Auburn somehow escapes after what I read last night from Brooks over at Sports by Brooks, I won't be surprised. If the world was fair and this stuff has any semblance of truth, they'd be getting the same treatment SMU did in 1987. Saying it's EXTREMELY damning is a vast understatement. I simply could not believe what I was reading- it's, by far, some of the most disturbing material I've ever read on cheating in college athletics.

Here is just a tid bit of the transcription:


Kremer to McClover: “How much was a sack worth?”

McClover: “Anywhere between 300 and 400 dollars. For one.”
Kremer to McClover: “I think in one game you had four sacks, what did you earn in that game?”
McClover: “Four thousand. Against Alabama.”
Kremer: “Seriously?”
McClover: “Alabama, a rivalry game.”
Kremer: “More money because it’s Alabama?”
McClover: “Definitely. No other game matters.”

If there's even five minutes of exchanges like this, it's going to be the most captivating 5 minutes of TV in the last year for me. Yeah, I know that's pretty lame of me to say, but I can't wish enough bad luck on that program. You think if Stanley McClover, Chaz Ramsey, and Raven Gray got their palm greased that Cam, Fairley, and Co. didn't? 
Yeah, I've got a beard and a tummy like a bowl full of jelly, and I've got a herd of flying reindeer and magical elves to go with it. 

2 comments:

  1. Who is more loathsome: Auburn or Bryant Gumbel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmhhmmmm... Bryant mmmhhhmmmm... Gumbel
    Mmmmhhmmm... maybe Auburn mmmhhhmmmmm.....

    Mmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete