Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mark Fox Gettin' Paid


As is the case when coaching rumors start floating around, someone ends up either (a) leaving for another school or (b) getting a newly structured contract. In Mark Fox's case, it's option B. Greg McGarity told the AJC that he had indeed started talks with Fox on a new contract. Fox's current contract runs through the 2014-15 season, and he makes $1.3 million a year. By comparison, new Tech coach, Brian Gregory, will make $1 million a year, but Anthony Grant makes $1.8 million a year. And Arkansas will pay Mike Anderson $2.2 million a year, with new Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin also making 1.3 per. So, based on this, I suppose a raise is certainly in order for CMF.

What was most encouraging is what Fox had to say:

“I won’t get a call, and [if I do] I’ll say, ‘Not interested. I’m the coach at Georgia,’” Fox said. “I don’t have time to deal with that, and I don’t want to. I went through that before [at Nevada], and I waited for a place I wanted to be at a long time. And that’s where I am.”

Looks like we won't get "Tubbied" this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment