Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hoop Dawgs Senior Night



Make your way over to Stegeman tonight if you get the chance. Chris Barnes and Jeremy Price will likely be playing their last game in Athens. I say likely because I guess there's the outside shot that we lose the last two and don't make the tourney, in which case we'd have some HOT NIT ACTION on the home floor. That would be atrocious, so time for the classic reverse-jinx:

WE WILL DEFINATELY NOT MAKE THE NCAA TOURNAMENT.

See what I did there? Mesmerized aren't you? Now, enough of that and back to my point. These two have been through a hell of a lot and they deserve a nice crowd for the home finale. There were a lot of things that could've derailed the finish of their college career at Georgia (well actually, just one in particular... and we're not talking about Pete Herrmann), but they took things in stride and finished the drill.

I'm proud to say that both of these guys wore a Georgia jersey. I won't say I've never complained about either of them, but they have certainly improved their game and have been model student athletes. You can't have enough of those guys, in my honest opinion. They've both put in a lot of work and really improved their game in their time in Athens. Being a good kid on and off the court is really everything you could ask for.

Finally, I'd like to put in a request. Would it be too much to ask if EVERYONE would stand up and clap for once for the two seniors? Even though you run the risk of making that guy who is apparently unable to stand behind you irate, get up and give 'em a hand. He or she will either get up and join you or continue to berate your fanny from behind. Either way you'll survive and so will they.

They deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not gonna let that old dude in GG get me down! I will be one of the obnoxious fans in GG tonight. Go Dawgs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is the wrong time to say this, but does anyone think Barnes has actually improved over his 4 years in Athens?

    In any case, I agree that those at the game should stand up and cheer for both of them before the game. They've been through a lot over the past 4 years.

    ReplyDelete