Monday, March 28, 2011

Dawgs Get #5 for 2012


Ty Smith, a 6'3 225 tight end out of Colquitt County, decided to go ahead and make it official this weekend and commit to the Dawgs. Chip Towers' article in the AJC this morning is a good read on Smith. Here is one quote that I particularly fancied:

“Actually I grew up a Georgia fan, so I’ve always been a fan of the Dawgs, so when the opportunity came, I was excited about my offer and thought hard about committing right then. I was never sure if I was actually going to be able to go there. Me and my family, my close friends, my coaches, we talked about it and we felt like that’s what I wanted to do. When I got a chance to go up there for the second junior day, I knew it was the right thing for me to do and I made my decision.”

He's a flex guy that fits right in line with what we have already in Orson Charles. It looks like the staff is going to take two tight ends this year, with Ricky Parks of Callaway being the other guy on the board. According to Towers' article, Smith had 42 catches for 576 yards last season and looks like he is exploring the possibility of graduating early, which is another good sign for his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment