Tuesday, February 8, 2011

***Rumor Mill***: Washaun Ealey Situation Doesn't Look Good w/ Last Night's A.J. TwitterStorm

We about to have ourselves a "Situation".
Studying, running, lifting- gotta get it in...


****DISCLAIMER****: Rumors below. Please do not shoot, mangle, or asphyxiate the messenger. The opinions of the authors expressed herein DO necessarily state or reflect those of H2H and can be used for blackmail, public tar and feathering, and or reader commentary crucifixion. So... there, now that that's out of the way...

Mark Richt wasn't kidding around with Isaiah Crowell a few weeks ago. I'm sure you've heard the story by now, but for the sake of hashing it out for the 500,000th time, I'll give it a go again. When Crowell and mother made their way to Athens a few weeks ago, Marky Mark and staff had a little surprise for him. After arranging for his team to line up in formation without a running back below his nifty new office, Richt gave Crowell a jersey with #1 and his name on the back of it and asked if he could see himself playing in that spot in this year's opener. I'll let you figure out the rest.

From the rumors we've heard, it looks like that is a lot more close to reality than one might realize. Word is that Washaun missed some punishment and has been given walking papers. While this doesn't come as a complete surprise, it is very troubling. I say it isn't surprising, because well... although I like the kid, he didn't strike me as a guy who'd finish his career at Georgia. After hearing rumors of academic concerns in high school, I thought he might go the way of Paul Oliver. Call me crazy, but I can't tell you how many times we talked about this at our tailgate this year. I feel bad for saying that, but it's the honest truth.

If this is true, the Georgia backfield is looking dangerously thin for next season. If you remember our little article about Caleb King and his academic troubles from a month and a half ago, the picture gets a little more gloomy. Once again, in order for a student athlete to be eligible, per Georgiadogs.com:


  • Must have earned at least 24 credit hours during previous year with at least 18 earned during the regular academic year


  • Must have earned at least 18 earned during the previous regular academic year.


  • Must have earned six hours during the previous spring semester to be eligible for competition during the fall semester.

  • Must have earned six hours during the fall semester to be eligible for competition during the spring semester.


  • Must have declared major; cumulative GPA requirement of 1.9 each semester.


  • 40% of degree must be completed.


  • Caleb reportedly only passed three hours last semester, thus meaning that he'll need to pass 21 hours of classes in this semester and the summer semester. For those of you who have taken six hours during the summer, you know it's no easy feat. After only passing three last semester IN TOTAL, I'm not banking on him being available, even though it's certainly possible. I hope he turns it around, but I'm extrapolating off of prior experience and that hasn't been the best. As it looks now, I'm expecting that we won't see either of Caleb or Washaun playing running back for UGA again. I have seen stranger things, however.

    This leaves us with three backs- two of which have never taken a snap in college. Add in the fact that Carlton is 175 and 5'7 soaking wet in heels, and we've got a "situation"... and I ain't talking about Mikey Sorrentino pictured above. What I'm saying is, Carlton isn't an every down back, and I don't think anyone would disagree about that. So, basically, I hope Isaiah and Boo have their cleats tied tight.

    And then again, maybe all of this is horse feathers and I'll have egg on my face. I'm not guessing that that's the case though.


    *** FYI *** The Twittergate got so out of hand I made it a single article HERE!!!

    1 comment:

    1. Nobody likes change, but we all have to do it.
      It's time for a NEW ATTITUDE in Athens; one of hard work, unity, perseverance, teamwork, and WINNING....My question to the team is.......are you "MEN enough" to "MAN up" to it?

      ReplyDelete