Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Former Dawg Headed to the Bayou

Dude, you should really try a compression sleeve. Everyone's doing it.

After a very productive 8 months at Butler Community College, former Dawg QB Zach Mettenberger has committed to Les Miles and the Tigers. It was reported that he actually committed on his November 20th visit to Red Stick, but just went public with the pledge yesterday. He'll have one chance at revenge before his eligibility is used up. On October 26, 2013, the Dawgs head to Death Valley in what would be his senior season.

My hope is that Mett has grown up from the incident in Remerton. Good for him if he's learned from his mistakes. I'm a firm believer that everyone deserves a second chance and it looks like he certainly is going into an optimal situation to succeed. LSU's quarterback situation is in a shambles, as Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee have combined for only 6 passing touchdowns and 10 interceptions. That puts the Tigers 119th in the country in passing TD's, only ahead of Army. They're also 108th in total passing yards with 1865. How they are 10-2 with a QB rotation that terrible, I'll never know.

I fully expect Mettenberger to start next year. I think he expects to start as well. His stats at Butler were very good (58.8% for 2678, 32 TD/4 INT) and, in my opinion, he'd be the best QB on the roster right now. Best of luck to him except on that October 26th I talked about earlier.

And might I ask again, how in the world is LSU 10-2 with these middle-school QB's under center?

No comments:

Post a Comment