Monday, November 29, 2010

Looks Like Florida Will Be Looking for a D-Line Coach

CBS Sports is reporting that the Mean Green of North Texas have hired assistant head coach and defensive line coach Dan McCarney to replace Gary Barnett VIP Clubber Todd Dodge. This is yet another coach picking that has seriously weakened Florida in the last 2+ years.

McCarney was the head coach at Iowa State from 1995 to 2006, when he was fired after going 56-85 at the school. I guess North Texas feels like he's recovered from his addiction to losing at ISU enough to pay him about a million dollars for the next 3-5 years.

I think Florida fans will probably be pretty happy about his departure. If I'm not mistaken, he has been the subject of much ire in Gainesville. I guess they're also wishing that Steve Adazzio would go away as well, but I'm all for him hanging around as long as possible.

Heck, who am I kidding. They could have a coaching staff of 5th graders and we couldn't beat those clowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment