Thursday, November 25, 2010

Hedges' First Annual Thanksgiving Thank Yous


In a week that's chock full of hatred of all things Nerdy, each of us seem to lose sight of what's really important. I felt like it was appropriate to stop and take time to appreciate what we take for granted every day. In order to do that I've come up with a list of these things that don't get much love, but make each day that passes much better.

  • Cinnamon Toast Crunch: These little confections of high fructose corn syrup, copious amounts of sugar, cinnamon, and various forms of carbohydrates made my day from the ages of 8-14. They even made the milk taste like pure sugar and cinnamon. Delicious.
  • East Bound and Down: Let's face it, Danny McBride may be the funniest person on Earth. Wooo! Wooo!
WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
  • Buck Belue and John Kinkade on 680: I never get enough of the "I tell you what Johnny..." and "Woah, wait a minute Buck..." 
  • Dick Vitale on Twitter: He tweets just like he talks. "In Tampa @Reginalds. This restrnts a diapr dndy. AWESOME BABY!" 
  • McRibs: Mcdonald's, please keep this as a featured menu item. I love it when the drive-thru recording asks me how I'm doing and if I want to try a McRib today.
  • Glenn Beck: Who doesn't need to hear that America is going to have a food shortage and why he's stocked up with a year's worth of food? I understand what he's trying to do, but I feel like he's on Quaaludes every time during that blackboard talk.
  • Wal-Mart: Any time that I need something and want to end up not finding it at a place that should have said item, I go to Wal-Mart. Ping-pong table; at Wal-Mart, ping-pong balls; not at Wal-Mart. Does this make any sense? 
  • Brett Favre: A great example of why I'm starting to hate professional sports, but still watch. For some odd reason it's amusing to watch a train wreck unfold in front of your very own eyes. Tiger Woods, Auburn, and Lindsey Lohan are also poignant examples
In all seriousness, each and every one of us have a lot to be thankful for. Today's the one day that we all have time to remember that.

Happy Thanksgiving 

No comments:

Post a Comment