Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gary Barnett VIP Update (Nov. 9)

***Please read THIS if you are severely confused about the post title

Dawgola Tesla is OOOOOONNNNNN the board! Dan Hawkins was officially canned yesterday after blowing a 38-17 fourth quarter lead against Kansas this past Saturday. So now, Van Dawgin and I are even at 1. Well, let's just investigate how our draft picks are going:

Van Dawgin:

1. Paul Wulff (Washington State) -- My guess is he will be the next to go. They have been dreadful ever since Wulff has taken over, so...yeah, he stinks. Actually, WSU is 4-31 under Wulff. I'm not a mathematician but I'm pretty sure that's not a very high winning percentage.

2. Mario Christobol (FIU) -- FIU started this season 0-4 but have since won 3 out of their last 4. It appears Christobol's job is safe for now.

3. Les Miles (LSU) -- Well, he could still have a late-season collapse but I think the Bama win seals another year for Les....much to the chagrin of Van Dawgin. Oh what could have been...so many games could have gone the other way...

4. Neil Callaway (UAB) -- Still looking like a solid pick for Van Dawgin, UAB is currently 3-6 with three games remaining. If they lose out, I think it spells doom for Coach Cal.

5. Todd Dodge (North Texas) -- FIRED! It became official on October 20th.

Here is Dawgola's team:

1. Ralph Friedgen (Maryland) -- Damn, Maryland is 6-3 this year. I'm still holding out hope that they lose out and don't make a bowl. Their remaining games are @Virginia, Florida State, and NC State, so it's possible.

2. Dan Hawkins (Colorado) -- FIRED! Mentioned above.

3. Mike Sherman (Texas A&M) -- Although A&M is 6-3, I still think they can easily lose their last three games: (at Baylor, Nebraska, at Texas)....my fingers are crossed.

4. Rich Rodriguez (Michigan) -- Yep, I'm starting to feel better about this pick. They started 5-0 but have lost 3 out of 4 since. And they have games against Wisconsin and Ohio State left. Remember, Michigan is looking for ANY excuse to get rid of Mr. Dick Rod.

5. Ron Zook (Illinois) -- The Illini are 5-4 this year and will probably make it to a bowl. I've pretty much written this one off. Oh well, I still have Dick Rod.

Stay tuned for updates....

No comments:

Post a Comment