Friday, September 3, 2010

UGA Arrests: A Comprehensive Study in Abject Dufus-ism

***Let me preface by saying Alec Ogletree stole something. I will never respect anyone who steals anything from anyone. It's malicious, and there is always a mindset that they will get away with it. It raises major questions about that person's integrity and character in general. This is a serious situation and it is very telling about the attitude that players are carrying in Athens.

I don't know the details of this incident involving Alec, but come on dude. It's obvious that the guys in Athens believe they are completely and totally above the law. And by law I mean an overzealous, impulsive, and completely ridiculous band of power tripping clowns who try and assert their authority whenever possible.

When will the football team learn that stealing, drinking, fighting, and failing to give police your real last name will result in an arrest EVERY TIME?*!*? ACC and UGA police salivate over stupidity by college students, which, by the way includes athletes of all kinds. Trust me, I know. I was there not so long ago.

Just a word of advice, if you decide to steal anything, don't wear it around while riding your scooter through Athens. YOU STICK OUT. This is a case study in "How to Be Brazen Then Get Your Ass Regulated by ACC/UGA PD." In defense of Alec, which I'm not keen on at this point, who really reports a stolen $35 scooter helmet? Also if he knew it was Ogletree, why didn't he and 10 of his track buddies just go and say, "Hey, that is my helmet. Give it back or I'm calling the cops. We both know how that will end for you."

I really don't know what to think about this. I'm pissed as hell at yet another dufus move by a kid on the team. At the same time, it seems ridiculous to get arrested over a $35 helmet, but I guess that is the world we're living in today. 20 years ago the cops would have ridden out there, talked to the kid, and collected the helmet through some tough love. Apparently the ACC/UGA PD has put up with so much crap from these guys they're tired of it and look to make an example whenever possible. I can understand, to a degree.

HEY UGA FOOTBALL PLAYERS! USE YOUR GOD-GIVEN BRAIN AND QUIT DOING DUMB STUFF! THE COPS LOVE THROWING COLLEGE KIDS IN THE POKE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment